Σελίδες

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Writing...

"A poet is someone who stands outside in the rain hoping to be struck by lightening." James Dickey


"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." Cyril Connolly


"I put a piece of paper under my pillow, and when I could not sleep I wrote in the dark." Henry David Thoreau

 "... only he is an emancipated thinker who is not afraid to write foolish things." Anton Chekhov

 "It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous." Robert Benchley

 "It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous." Robert Benchley

"I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again." Oscar Wilde

"A writer is working when he's staring out of the window." Burton Rascoe

"If there's a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." Toni Morrison

"If there's a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." Toni Morrison

"I write the first sentence and trust in God for the next." Laurence Sterne

"If you know what you are going to write when you're writing a poem, it's going to be average." Derek Walcott

No comments:

Post a Comment