Σελίδες

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

10 book recommendations

So school's out.dan dan dan dan. Sorry stupid pun, anyway I've read some really cool books throughout this school year that I actually think are worth your precious time of doing nothing so here I am recomending to you the best of them.

1 the curse workers-Holly Black





it is a 17 year old boy that has associated himself with the mafia and turned his crush since he was a kid itno a cat. oh the are also into a paralel universe and have superpowers.





2 the dissapearing spoon-sam kean

stories on on the elements of the period table. the way it is written is very amusing though














3 the status civillization-robert sheckley





I think it is supposingly in a future worold with a rotten society that sends all it's criminals to a different planet because it cannot handle them.











4 J'irai cracher sur vos tombes-boris vian





i don;t even know how to discribe without it sounding weird it is my favorite book though









5under the volcano-malcolm lowry







it is in mexicico at the day of the dead and describes the life of an alchoholic person that does nothing with his life.
it is always great to have a look into the future, right?






6 the death of the moth and other essays-virginia woolf




it contains the letter to a young poet that you probably have read anyway it is a great book.












7 the first three minuites-stephen weinberg







it takls about the origin of the universe ina way understandable to the averege human being it is quite old though











8 the feyman lectures on physics-feyman/leighton/sands





I think the tittle gives it away and it it doesn;t you're a bloody idiot.










9 les flewrs du mal-charles baudlair




a great collection of poems













10 illuminations-arthur rimbaud







and that's poetry too, sorry. 
my favorite one is war. if you don't want to read the book you can check it out online.
 I think..








And I am terrible at intoducing books. So never again. Probably
Anyway this is merely the order that i read the not based on how mach I liked them. I hope ypu enjoy them just as much as I did.
On an other note I have been reccomended a book called johnny got his gun or something between those line and I was considering reading it if you've read it please give me a rating
thank you for your time.
Zoey

No comments:

Post a Comment